B.A., M.A. (Université Paris VIII); Ph.D. (New York University)
Experimental dance and performance; dance histories and aesthetics; choreographic notations and methodologies; critical theories of the body and of movement; practical philosophy
New York University; Marymount Manhattan College
- Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow, 2012-2014
- Michael Kirby Memorial Prize for Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation, NYU, 2012
- Corrigan Fellow, NYU, 2005-2009
- Paulette Goodard Fellowship, NYU, 2007
- Full Visiting Scholarship, Brown University, 2003-2004
– “Critical Resurgences: Folding French Contemporary Dance and Judson,” in Judson Now, ed. Judy Hussie-Taylor and Jenn Joy (New York: Danspace Project, 2012), 221–226.
– “Relational Gestures: Allitérations and the Limits of the Choreographic,” in Planes of Composition: Dance, Theory and the Global, ed. Jenn Joy and André Lepecki (Calcutta: Seagull Press; Chicago: University Press of Chicago, 2010), 160–174.
– “Towards the Limits of the Solo: the Choreography of Singularity,” in Solo? in Contemporary Dance (Istanbul: Bimeras, 2009), 40–47.
– “Choreographies of the Outside: on Boris Charmatz’s Musée de la danse,” Maska, Projected Temporality, XXVII: 149–150 (Autumn 2012): 106-113.
– “Conducting Movement: Xavier Le Roy and the Amplifying of Le Sacre du Printemps,” Dance Research Journal 43:1 (Summer 2011): 65–80.
– “Xavier Le Roy’s Low Pieces, or The Outside of Dance,” Movement Research Performance Journal 39 (2011).
– “Dé-position: Research on the Body’s Agency,” Tanzkongress 2013, Dusseldorf, http://www.tanzkongress.de/en/documentation/texts/reports.html
– “Of Gestures,” on Migrations of Gesture, ed. Carrie Noland and Sally Ann Ness (Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press), in Woman and Performance: a Journal of Feminist Theory 19:1 (2009).
– Introduction to and translation of Allitérations (excerpts) by Jean-Luc Nancy and Mathilde Monnier, in Perform, Repeat, Record: Live Art in History, ed. Amelia Jones and Adrian Heathfield (Bristol: Intellect Books, 2012), 595–602.
– Translation of “Scène and Contemporaneity” by Frédéric Pouillaude, The Drama Review 194: 51 (2007): 124–135.
– Translation of Le Danseur des solitudes (excerpts) by Georges Didi-Huberman, in Solos and Solitudes (New York: Danspace Project, 2012).
Essays in Art Catalogues
– “Across the Score: Eshkol, Lockhart, and the Choreography of Encounters,” in Sharon Lockhart | Noa Eshkol, Catalogue Exhibition (Vienna: TBA21, 2012), 48–53.
– “The Dancer As Artist: Unworkings in Common,” in Superbodies, Catalogue Exhibition (Antwerp: Lido, 2012).
– “Allan Kaprow / Rosemary Butcher”; “Boris Charmatz / Musée de la danse”; “Xavier Le Roy and Marten Spangberg” in Move. Choreographing You: Art And Dance since the 1960s, Catalogue Exhibition (London: Hayward Publishing, 2010), 40–3; 94–7; 122–3.
– Dance on Time, co-edited with Gurur Ertem (Istanbul: Bimeras, 2010)
Dance at Work in Québec after 1948