Room Requests (Ad-hoc)
Please allow 5 working days for processing.
Failure to follow the instructions below will create delays in room confirmations.
General Room Information:
- Requests MUST be submitted via the Room Request Form; this allows us to maintain a tracking system and to return confirmations upon completion of the room booking.
- Only lecture or auditorium classrooms are booked through this room request system.
- During the months of September and January requests for non-course related activities will be treated only after the course add/drop deadline due to adjustments being made to the Minerva class schedule.
- Room requests for non-engineering activities/groups/clubs/associations must be made via McGill’s Events Bookings at McGill.
- Any Minerva Class Schedule changes are to be sent directly to the Departmental Timetable Coordinator.
- Instructors must contact emf [dot] support [at] mcgill [dot] ca to verify software requirements for their course when requesting an EMF lab.
- If a room is occupied without making an official booking, occupants may be required to leave the room for an official activity.
- Due to scheduled evening classes, there may be little to no available rooms after 6pm.
- Food and beverages are NOT permitted in any classroom at any time. If a room is found in disarray after a booking you may be liable for cleaning services.
- ICS provides a direct phone line in each classroom for technical help with room equipment.
- Classroom repairs should be reported to the Porter in the respective buildings or by calling 4555.
Room Bookings – General Information for Students in the Faculty of Engineering ONLY
- Only EUS affiliated clubs/groups/associations may use this form. The name of the club/group/association must be clearly indicated in the comments field as well as your role and a description of the event. If you are unsure of your status you must contact EUS for confirmation before submitting your room request.
- Nonaffiliated clubs/groups/associations must contact the Events Bookings at McGill.
- The event may be supported by faculty funding; however it is recommended that you confirm whether the event meets the criteria for funding prior to making a room request.
- Details related to funding student projects, criteria and application forms may be found at: http://www.mcgill.ca/engineering/student/sao/studentfunding
- Student groups may also consider booking a room through EUS, SSMU or the McGill library.
- For more information on library rooms consult their website at http://www.mcgill.ca/library/ and select ‘study areas & room bookings’.
- For more information on booking a room through SSMU: http://ssmu.mcgill.ca/clubs-services/booking/room-booking/.
- All weekend room requests must be made through Events Bookings at McGill.
If you are not from the Faculty of Engineering please contact Events Bookings at McGill for assistance.
To Request a Lobby in an Engineering Building
Please follow procedures at Booking a Lobby