Reassessment of a Grade and Reread
In accordance with the Charter of Student Rights, and subject to the conditions stated therein, students have the right to consult any written submission for which they have received a mark and the right to discuss this submission with the examiner.
If, after discussion with the instructor, a student requests a formal reread of a final exam, they must apply in writing by completing a Reread form and submitting it to the Student Affairs Office.
- The following conditions apply:
- Requests for rereads in more than one course per term will not be permitted, unless permission is given by the Faculty of Engineering.
- Grades may be either raised or lowered as the result of a reread.
- Rereads in courses not in the Faculty of Engineering are subject to the deadlines, rules and regulations of the relevant faculty.
- Any request to have term work re-evaluated must be made directly to the instructor concerned.
The deadlines to make an application for a formal reread of a final exam are the last days of March, July and November for fall, winter and summer courses, respectively. A $35 fee for each reread will be assessed directly to the student's McGill account if the result of the reread is an unchanged or lowered grade. If the grade is increased, no charge is made.
Students should consult with the Student Affairs Office, Faculty of Engineering, for more information.