Assignment of letter grades
Instructors must submit ALL grades earned by undergraduate students in the Faculty of Engineering in letter grade form, as shown below:
- For students who have completed all required components of a course, please submit letter grades of A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, D, F, J (unexcused absence) or K (incomplete).
- For students who have not completed all required components of a course (i.e. they have missed an exam and have not been excused), the instructor must submit a letter grade of J (unexcused absence - 0%).
- For students who have been granted an extension on fulfilling a course requirement, submit a letter grade of K (incomplete, extension granted).
- For further information regarding grades, please consult the Undergraduate Program Calendar.
Instructors are not permitted to grant any special treatment regarding final examinations to any student. Students who believe there are circumstances which might justify making special examination arrangements for them or which might legitimately be taken into account in evaluating their performance should apply to the Student Affairs Office.
Submission of marks to the Faculty of Engineering
The following guidelines regarding the submission of final grades to the University and the publishing of final marks for students must be strictly adhered to:
- The deadline to submit marks for courses with a final examination is one week after the exam date.
- The deadline to submit marks for courses without a final examination is one week after classes end.
- The deadline to submit marks for courses for students who have applied to graduate is:
- Fall courses - 1st week of January
- Winter courses - 1st week of May
These deadlines must be respected in order for the Student Affairs Office to make academic standing decisions and notify students of the results in a timely fashion. Furthermore, lateness may affect the finalization of the Graduation List. Late submissions will be reported to the Dean of Engineering.
Change of grade
Once marks have been submitted and changes are required, the instructor may enter the grade via the Grade Change by Instructor functionality on MINERVA.