Research funding is categorized in the following ways:
- Research Grant:
some or all of the funding is obtained from a public sector organization
- Research Contract:
funded solely by industry.
- Industrial Research Chairs (IRCs):
a company can work closely with an academic researcher.
For industrial sponsors, the first two approaches will give different rights to intellectual property and will have different levels of indirect research costs associated with them.
Upcoming Research Funding Opportunities
Researchers may sign up for automatic email funding alerts from three listservs targeted to your research interests: Natural Sciences and Engineering / Social Sciences and Humanities / Health Sciences
To subscribe or unsubscribe to these listservs, please see: Funding Alerts
Upcoming Grant Deadlines
Research Grant Deadlines - May_2014 [.pdf]
- Deadlines May_2013 [.pdf]
- Deadlines June_2013 [.pdf]
- Deadlines July_2013 [.pdf]
- Deadlines August_2013 [.pdf]
- Deadlines September_2013 [.pdf]
- Deadlines October_2013 [.pdf]
- Deadlines November_2013 [.pdf]
- Deadlines December_2013 [.pdf]