Applying to McGill Engineering as an Exchange Student
All questions regarding participating in an exchange at McGill University’s Faculty of Engineering should be directed to the International Studies/Study Abroad Office of your home university. McGill University will only review exchange applications that are formally submitted to us by the exchange coordinators of exchange partner universities.
Accepted exchange students in the Faculty of Engineering
Congratulations on your acceptance. We look forward to welcoming you to our Faculty!
The McGill Engineering Student Centre hosts an information session for all incoming exchange students upon arrival. Exchange students are also encouraged to attend all New Student Orientation activities.
August 25, 2014 at 3pm
Frank Dawson Adams (FDA) Building, Room 5
PLEASE NOTE: Due to programming restrictions, Exchange, Visiting, & Special students will not be able to register for most courses offered by the Faculty of Engineering. Therefore manual registration will be required and students must follow one of the options described below:
OPTION A – Prior to Arrival
- Complete a Request for Course Authorization-Prior to arrival [.doc]
- Obtain signature approval from home institution advisor.
- Students must sign this form.
Please return this form by exchange [dot] engineering [at] mcgill [dot] ca (email)
or fax (514-398-5681)
OPTION B – Students Who Have Arrived
- Obtain signature approvals from McGill professors using the Request for Course Authorization-Following arrival [.doc] form. Please request that each individual instructor sign the form to grant course registration approval.
- Please return this form by exchange [dot] engineering [at] mcgill [dot] ca (email)
or in person to the McGill Engineering Student Centre (MESC),
Frank Dawson Adams Bldg., room 22.
When this form is received and processed, students should verify and confirm their course registration on MINERVA, McGill's online student interface. It is the student's responsibility to ensure they are registered in the correct courses and have no conflicts.