Open House is held to give prospective students the opportunity to see what McGill has to offer both inside and outside the classroom.
Current students can get paid to be an Open House Event Assistant and will do, depending on skills and qualifications, any of the following:
- Welcoming prospective students and families to McGill; giving directions to various activities and buildings.
- Check-in/registering visitors (collecting information)
- Ushering at information sessions
- Providing information about McGill and student life.
- Answering enquiries about the event; distributing Activity Guides
- Assisting with preparation tasks, set-up and take-down
- Monitoring volunteer break rooms and distribution of lunch
- Data Entry tasks (following Open House)
Enrolment Services generally hires Event Assistants in September, so check myFuture regularly to see if the job "Open House Student Event Assistants" has been posted.
To learn more and register for this year's Open House, click here.