Some emergency situations require that you remain inside instead of evacuating. In these cases, emergency personnel will advise you that shelter-in-place procedures are in effect.
- If you are in an area that can be locked, remain in your present location.
- If you are in a public space or hallway, enter the nearest secure room and remain inside.
- Stay away from windows, close blinds, lock doors, turn off lights, and take cover.
- Call Security only in life threatening emergencies or to provide vital information.
- Wait until emergency personnel tell you that it is safe to leave.