If You Notice Unusual Odours in Your Area
- If you are feeling ill, advise others to leave and then vacate the immediate area.
- Call the Facilities Call Centre (FCC) at 514-398-4555.
- Clearly identify the location of the odour.
The Facilities Call Centre is staffed Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 10pm. If the FCC operator is not on duty, the calls are directed to Security.
If you note a heavy gas or rotten egg odour
- Do not activate the fire alarm or turn on or off any lights, electrical appliances or cell phones.
- Evacuate the building immediately, alerting co-workers via word-of-mouth.
- Once outside, move away from the building.
- From a safe location, contact Security immediately.
- Do not re-enter the building until instructed to do so by Security.