What To Do If You Receive a Bomb Threat By Phone
1. Listen, remain calm and courteous. Do not interrupt the caller.
2. Ask the following questions and obtain as much information as you can:
- Exact words of the threat
- Caller's Age, Sex, Accent/Ethnicity
- Who received the call? Where? How long was the call?
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is it right now?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb? Why?
3. Note identifying characteristics of caller, if possible:
- Caller's voice (tone, pace, accent, distinguishing remarks/comments)
- Language (educated, irrational, incoherent, foul, taped)
4. Relay the information immediately to Security Services
5. Write down everything you remember about the phone call you received while it is still fresh in your mind.
Important: Under no circumstances should people endanger their lives by trying to locate the bomb.