- Act as the department head’s designate in radiation safety matters pertaining to the department
- Maintain liaison with University RSO on all radiation safety matters pertaining to the department.
- Act as substitute, if department permit holders are not available.
- Manage common laboratory rooms where radioisotope are used.
- Oversee department radiation storage and usage locations to ensure they are safe and secured.
- Oversee department radiation waste areas to verify they are adequate, neat and in accordance with radiation safety practices and policies.
- Coordinate departmental radiation safety programs, for example overseeing for dosimetry subscription services and monitoring proper storage of dosimeters.