Environmental Health & Safety would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to McGill University.
We have prepared a web page on the health, safety and environmental policies and procedures relevant to Principal Investigators working in the laboratory environment. This web page contains links to the forms and information referred to during the New PI Orientation Session, where you will meet a professional EHS Officer who can answer your questions and provide any additional assistance that you may need.
Your success at McGill is important to us, so we appreciate that you are taking the time to become familiar with this information. If you require additional help, please contact ehs [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Environmental Health & Safety)
A: General Information
- Safety Information for New Employees brochure (contact ehs [at] mcgill [dot] ca (EHS) for copy)
- Contact info (EHS & WMP Staff)
- Accident, Incident, and Occupational Disease Report Form.
- Indoor Air Quality Complaint Form.
B: Laboratory Information
- Working in a laboratory? [.pdf]
- Laboratory Information Form
- Laboratory Information Cards
- Lab Safety Responsibilities poster.
- Did you know? [.pdf]
- PPE Policy (Personal Protective Equipment Policy poster)
- Lab attire policy [.pdf]
- Safety Manuals:
- Lab safety self-assessment for PIs and Lab Supervisors [.doc]
- Laboratory Safety Inspection Checklist [.doc]
- CSST Laboratory Monthly Inspection Form (McIntyre only)
- Application to Use Biohazardous Materials
- Emergency Eyewash Tag (Request ehs [at] mcgill [dot] ca (EHS) )
- First-Aid Kit Inspection Form [.doc]
- Application to Use Radioactive Materials [.doc]
- Certificate Of Equipment Decontamination [.doc]
- Notice of Working Alone in a Laboratory Form [.pdf]
- Unattended_Experiment form [.pdf]
- Safety_in_the_Lab-Shop-Field [.pdf]
- Lab Inspection_Short_Form [.doc]
C: Safety Training
- Types of Training
- Training Presentations are available online
- Ergonomics: Staff Development Program
- Purchasing of lab safety equipemt?
- Survey meter for radiation (mario [dot] badillo [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Mario Badillo), local 2245)
- Liquid scintillation counter (mario [dot] badillo [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Mario Badillo), local 2245)
- Biological safety cabinet (elizabeth [dot] st-louis [at] mcgill [dot] ca (E St.Louis), local 1657)