The Office of the Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies facilitates the ongoing development of successful research programs and the coordination of graduate student life across the Faculty. julie [dot] cote2 [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Prof. Julie Côté), Associate Dean, Graduate Studies, coordinates the Committee on Graduate Studies, identified forthwith along with their aims:
Committee on Graduate Studies
- Advise in the development of a Faculty Research Strategy (e.g., infrastructure support, collaborative research, research centres, mentoring, targeted funding)
- Assist in developing an active and collegial Faculty-wide research culture for graduate students
- Define guidelines for fellowships to be distributed among graduate students
- Adjudicate Faculty-wide graduate scholarships and prizes
- Select graduate students fellowship recipients when necessary and recommend graduate students to the Faculty of Graduate and Post-graduate studies for selected prizes and awards.
- Liaise with department representatives in matters related to graduate studies such as admissions, supervision, courses, tracking, ethics, comprehensive exams, etc. as well as with the members of Education Graduate Students Society (EGSS)
- Communicate information and coordinate actions with the Education Head Librarian in matters related to research and graduate students
Other responsibilities include liaison with the Office of the Dean and Associate Dean of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies, the Office of the Vice-Principal and Associate Vice-Principal of Research, and the Education Graduate Students’ Society.