For Newly Admitted Students
Welcome to the Faculty of Education!
Get started here:
- Orientation Week (also known as “Frosh Week”), is a week-long, campus-wide series of events to welcome and inform new students which will start on August 25, 2014. For information on how to register, as well as a complete schedule of events, see "Campus Life and Engagement"'s First Year website.
- See the Discover McGill presentation from August 26, 2014
- Learn essential information at your Academic Advising session: Dept. of Integrated Studies (B.Ed K/Elementary, Secondary, TESL, Music) Dept. of Kinesiology & Physical Education (B.Sc Kinesiology, B.Ed Phys. Ed)
- Join us for the Welcome BBQ - Early September- Date TBA for 2014!
What's great about being an Education student?
Recent Faculty of Education graduates share their thoughts on their time at McGill in this short video: You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
- For information about course selection and advising for new students in the Faculty of Education and for general information for all newly-admitted undergraduate students: Course Selection/Advising Information. Be sure to follow the course plan for your progam to avoid problems later!
- Visit the ISA's Undergraduate Programs page for more information on BEd and BSc (Kinesiology) programs.
- International Students in Bachelor of Education programs - In addition to the CAQ and Study Permit, International students in Bachelor of Education programs must obtain a Co-op/Internship Work Permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada as a requirement for the mandatory Field Experiences. Consult the Student Teaching webpage for instructions and International Student Services for more information about the permit application. The Internships & Student Affairs Office will provide you with the letter that is required from your institution as part of the application process. Email your request using your McGill email address and be sure to provide your McGill ID number. Note that this permit is not the same as the off-campus work permit included with your study permit.
It is important to begin the process of obtaining the Co-Op Internship Work Permit as soon as you accept the offer of admission, as it requires a medical exam, and in the past has taken up to 3 months for CIC to process the application.
- Generate multiple conflict-free schedules with Visual Schedule Builder.
- For help with using Minerva to register.
- Register for both Fall and Winter terms.
- Undergraduate programs in the Faculty of Education are full time (normally 4 or 5 courses per term). Students are not permitted to attend part time.
- Classes are normally held between 8:30 and 5:30. Students are expected to be available for class during these times.
- Links and Resources
Powerpoint Presentations from Previous Orientation Sessions: