Quick Links

Graduation and Teaching Certification

Q: How do I apply to graduate?

Q: How do I apply for Teaching Certification?

A: B.Ed graduates who satisfy Provincial eligibility requirements are recommended by the Faculty for Quebec Certification to the Quebec Ministry of Education. Please visit the following link for more information on how to apply for certification within or outside of Quebec http://www.mcgill.ca/edu-sao/certification .

Q: When will I receive my Teaching Certification?

A: Your Brevet will be sent to the mailing address which you have indicated on both Minerva and on your application. It should arrive in late summer/early fall from MELS for May/June graduates.

Q: I need to have some documents for a job interview. How do I do this?

A: If your potential employer is asking for a letter of attestation in lieu of your Brevet you can request it from the ISA by filling in the following form: http://www.mcgill.ca/edu-sao/sites/mcgill.ca.edu-sao/files/FormAttestation.pdf .  If you are missing your copies of your student teaching assessment forms please contact the Student Teaching Placement coordinator for your program.  Please note that requests from students who graduated more than 2 years ago may experience significant delays because of the time required to request the file from McGill's archives.