Quick Links

General Questions

Q: How do I return documents to the SAO?

A: Many documents can be scanned and sent to us by email sao [dot] education [at] mcgill [dot] ca or by fax 514-398-4679. Some documents, such as medical notes, require an original signature. You may need to bring these directly to the Student Affairs Office, Education Building, room 243.

Q: Where is the Education Library?

A: The library is located on the first floor, beside the elevators.

Q: Is there a lost and found?

A: Yes. Please visit the Student Affairs Office, Education Building, room 243.

Q: How can I book a room in the Faculty of Education?

A: Please fill out the form at the following link: http://www.mcgill.ca/edu-sao/roombookingservices

Q: I am a teacher from another province/country. The Ministry of Education has given me a permit and has asked me to complete some education courses at McGill. What should I do?

A: Please send an email to sao [dot] education [at] mcgill [dot] ca with a copy of your MELS permit and the letter you received from MELS.

Q: How do I apply for readmission?

A: If you were a student in a McGill Faculty of Education undergraduate program (BEd or BSc Kinesiology) you may apply for re-admission to the Faculty on Minerva. The deadline to apply for September readmission is July 1st.  Normally there is no readmission in January. http://www.mcgill.ca/edu-sao/current/transfers/#Tf3

Q: How can I check the status of my readmission application?

A: You can check the status of your application on Minerva. You will also be notified by email at your McGill email address when there is a significant change in the status of your application.

Q: Who can I speak to about my resume and about my career path?

A: Undergraduate students in the Faculty of Education can meet with their Career Advisor.


Q: How do I transfer from Education to another program which is in a different faculty? (e.g. Major in History in the Faculty of Arts)

A: You would apply to transfer on Minerva ( Student> Student Records). You should check the website of the  faculty into which you would like to transfer or contact them to find out what their requirements are for transfer and the application deadline.  

Q: How do I transfer into Education from another faculty?

A: You would apply to transfer into Education on Minerva (Student> Student Records). The deadline to apply in June 1. Refer to the website for more information.