Contact ISA to see a Faculty adviser about:
- rules, regulations and policies for Education students,
- helping you manage your academic situation during periods of personal, financial, or medical difficulty
- serving as a link to other University resources
- providing information about scholarships, awards, university exchange programs and other opportunities
Your departmental adviser is the key to successfully navigating your chosen program of study! Advisers can
- guide your course selections to make sure you meet the requirements of your program;
- evaluate your requests for course equivalencies, recommend prior approval for inter-university transfer or study away credits, or explain the rationale for the design of academic programs;
- offer support and referrals in cases of academic or personal difficulty.
Course registration for each upcoming academic year opens in late March/early April. See "Important Dates". For departmental advising dates and program information for returning students please see the department webpage. Departmental advisers are available to assist with program planning, however, students are ultimately responsible for their academic record.
Who is my assigned departmental adviser?
Check the top left corner of your unofficial transcript via the 'Student' menu in Minerva to see your adviser's name.
Dept. of Integrated Studies in Education: B.Ed Secondary, K/Elementary, TESL, and Music
- Advisers: Grace Wong-McAllister, Ryan Bouma, and Tina Schiavone.
- Webpage DISE Advising for Currently Registered Students
- Email:advisedise [dot] education [at] mcgill [dot] ca ( advisedise [dot] education [at] mcgill [dot] ca)
- Tel: 514-398-4527
Dept. of Kinesiology and Physical Education: B.Ed Physical & Health Education, B.Sc. Kinesiology
- Adviser:Nada Abu-Mehry
- Webpage DKPE Advising for Currently Registered Students
- Email: nada [dot] abu-merhy [at] mcgill [dot] ca (nada [dot] abu-mehry [at] mcgill [dot] ca )
- Tel: 514-398-4184
- what Faculty and Departmental advisers do, checklists, resources and questions about advising for all McGill students
- for more information on services available for students.