Regulations Concerning Withdrawals
- A course withdrawal means you have chosen to discontinue one or more courses.
- A University withdrawal means you have chosen to discontinue your entire term or year of studies.
- Students who drop their last Fall or Winter course by the end of the add/drop period of that term are considered withdrawn from the University.
- Academic Standing is primarily based on the student’s grade point average.
The following is a list of rooms available in the Education Building.
The Education Building is a wireless zone.
Please report repairs or maintenance concerns to patricia [dot] jackson [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Ms.)
Official start/end times for all course activities
It is the official policy of the University for course activities (e.g., tutorials, lectures, midterms, etc.) to start five minutes after the hour and end five minutes earlier.
Note: The class period is 50 minutes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but on Tuesdays and Thursdays the class period is 80 minutes.
Please keep in mind that this also applies to tests.
Q: What programs are offered by the Faculty of Education?
The Faculty of Education offers three different kinds of programs.
- Undergraduate Programs: For those wishing to become teachers, the Faculty offers programs leading to the Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree. A graduate degree leading to teacher certification is also offered. For those already holding a university degree, advanced standing may be given in the BEd programs.
Registration for the coming academic year opens in March. For program advising dates and information please refer to:
Please be sure to make room booking requests at least three working days in advance of the date that the room is required.
In order to use a classroom in any building on campus during the fall, winter and summer sessions, Education staff and students must submit a Room Request Form. This form is also to be used by non-Education students booking a room for an activity related to an Education course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please select from the menu at left.