English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) (Course Number EDEC 215 / EDTL 515)
The Quebec Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS), and the Faculty of Education require that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction. To fulfil this obligation, all students newly admitted into Year 1 of the BEd programs (except TFSL) are required to write the English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) during the fall term of their first year in the program.
Students are urged to register for both the fall and winter semesters as soon as registration opens.
Transfer credits are academic credits awarded for courses completed at accredited schools which can be counted towards your McGill degree.
- Information for Students taking part in the Study Away or Inter-University Transfer Agreement (IUT)
- Information about Advanced Standing for Newly Admitted Students
Note: Students should note that a minimum of 60 credits must be completed at McGill in order to qualify for a McGill degree.
Please be sure to make room booking requests at least three working days in advance of the date that the room is required.
In order to use a classroom in any building on campus during the fall, winter and summer sessions, Education staff and students must submit a Room Request Form. This form is also to be used by non-Education students booking a room for an activity related to an Education course.
Faculty of Education
Education Building – Room 243
Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1Y2
Tel: (514) 398-7042
Fax: (514) 398-4679
sao [dot] education [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Counter Hours: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Please select topics from the FAQ menu on the left side of this page.
This section of our web site contains information for registered and returning students to the Bachelor of Education, or the Bachelor of Science (Kinesiology) program.
Information for McGill Students in B.Ed and MA Teaching and Learning programs
- The Faculty of Education offers Bachelor of Education (B Ed) programs and a Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning (MATL) which lead to teacher certification.
- Teacher Certification in Quebec is the responsibility of Ministère de l'éducation, du loisir et du sport (MELS).
- Graduates from programs which s