Students registered in the Faculty of Education have the opportunity to study at another university for one term (fall or winter), or one academic year (fall and winter).
Please note that some courses at other universities have already been assessed by Education advisers for equivalency to McGill courses. Consult these resouces for lists of pre-approved courses:
Please do not make travel arrangements to leave Montreal prior to the scheduled end of any examination period.
- Academic Standing is primarily based on the student’s grade point average.
- What programs are offered by the Faculty of Education?
- How long does it take to complete a degree in the Faculty of Education?
- How can I get advanced standing?
- Is it possible to complete my degree part-time?
- I am thinking of enrolling in the TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) / TFSL (Teaching French as a second Language) program. How do I know if my language skills are good enough?
Official start/end times for all course activities
It is the official policy of the University for course activities (e.g., tutorials, lectures, midterms, etc.) to start five minutes after the hour and end five minutes earlier.
Note: The class period is 50 minutes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but on Tuesdays and Thursdays the class period is 80 minutes.
Please keep in mind that this also applies to tests.