Quick Links


English Language Requirement

English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) (Course Number EDEC 215 / EDTL 515)

The Quebec Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS), and the Faculty of Education require that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction. To fulfil this obligation, all students newly admitted into Year 1 of the BEd programs (except TFSL) are required to write the English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) during the fall term of their first year in the program.

Registration for Newly Admitted Students

Students are urged to register for both the fall and winter semesters as soon as registration opens.

Advanced Standing for Currently Registered Students

Transfer credits are academic credits awarded for courses completed at accredited schools which can be counted towards your McGill degree.

Note: Students should note that a minimum of 60 credits must be completed at McGill in order to qualify for a McGill degree.

Faculty of Education Room Booking Services

    Please be sure to make room booking requests at least three working days in advance of the date that the room is required.

    In order to use a classroom in any building on campus during the fall, winter and summer sessions, Education staff and students must submit a Room Request Form. This form is also to be used by non-Education students booking a room for an activity related to an Education course.

    Internships & Student Affairs (ISA)

    Faculty of Education
    Education Building – Room 243
    3700 McTavish
    Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1Y2
    Tel: (514) 398-7042
    Fax: (514) 398-4679
    sao [dot] education [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)


    Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
    Counter Hours: 9:30am - 4:00pm


    Frequently Asked Questions

    Please select topics from the FAQ menu on the left side of this page.

    For Currently Registered Students

    This section of our web site contains information for registered and returning students to the Bachelor of Education, or the Bachelor of Science (Kinesiology) program.

    Quebec Teacher Certification

    Information for McGill Students in B.Ed and MA Teaching and Learning programs