Students registered in the Faculty of Education have the opportunity to study at another university for one term (fall or winter), or one academic year (fall and winter).
Quebec Inter-University Transfer (IUT)
- Students who are in satisfactory standing may, with permission of the Faculty, register at any Quebec university for three (3), or exceptionally six (6), credits per term.
- Credit is only granted for courses passed with a grade of C or better.
The Application for Graduation is available on Minerva for students who are registered for their final year.
Please refer to the Student Information web site for information on Graduation and Diploma which provides you with information on:
- Applying to Graduate
- Personal Information Update process
- Convocation Information and advice
- Diploma information
In order to graduate, students must complete all faculty and p
Please do not make travel arrangements to leave Montreal prior to the scheduled end of any examination period.
- Academic Standing is primarily based on the student’s grade point average.
The following is a list of rooms available in the Education Building.
The Education Building is a wireless zone.
Please report repairs or maintenance concerns to patricia [dot] jackson [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Ms.)
The Academic Units of the Faculty of Education offer a variety of programs leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Science (Kinesiology). Refer to the eCalendar for the most up-to-date program information.
Bachelor of Education
This program consists of academic and professional courses, as well as studies in pedagogy and educational foundations. Students must complete a minimum of five years of study (150 credits) in order to be eligible for a BEd degree.
English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) (Course Number EDEC 215 / EDTL 515)
The Quebec Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS), and the Faculty of Education require that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction. To fulfil this obligation, all students newly admitted into Year 1 of the BEd programs (except TFSL) are required to write the English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) during the fall term of their first year in the program.
Official start/end times for all course activities
It is the official policy of the University for course activities (e.g., tutorials, lectures, midterms, etc.) to start five minutes after the hour and end five minutes earlier.
Note: The class period is 50 minutes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but on Tuesdays and Thursdays the class period is 80 minutes.
Please keep in mind that this also applies to tests.
Q: What programs are offered by the Faculty of Education?
The Faculty of Education offers three different kinds of programs.
- Undergraduate Programs: For those wishing to become teachers, the Faculty offers programs leading to the Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree. A graduate degree leading to teacher certification is also offered. For those already holding a university degree, advanced standing may be given in the BEd programs.