Please do not make travel arrangements to leave Montreal prior to the scheduled end of any examination period.
- Academic Standing is primarily based on the student’s grade point average.
- What programs are offered by the Faculty of Education?
- How long does it take to complete a degree in the Faculty of Education?
- How can I get advanced standing?
- Is it possible to complete my degree part-time?
- I am thinking of enrolling in the TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) / TFSL (Teaching French as a second Language) program. How do I know if my language skills are good enough?
Official start/end times for all course activities
It is the official policy of the University for course activities (e.g., tutorials, lectures, midterms, etc.) to start five minutes after the hour and end five minutes earlier.
Note: The class period is 50 minutes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but on Tuesdays and Thursdays the class period is 80 minutes.
Please keep in mind that this also applies to tests.
English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) (Course Number EDEC 215 / EDTL 515)
The Quebec Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS), and the Faculty of Education require that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction. To fulfil this obligation, all students newly admitted into Year 1 of the BEd programs (except TFSL) are required to write the English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) during the fall term of their first year in the program.