Please do not make travel arrangements to leave Montreal prior to the scheduled end of any examination period.
Students registered in the Faculty of Education have the opportunity to study at another university for one term (fall or winter), or one academic year (fall and winter).
Please note that some courses at other universities have already been assessed by Education advisers for equivalency to McGill courses. Consult these resouces for lists of pre-approved courses:
Dean’s Honour List
The top 10% of students in the Faculty of Education are named to the Dean’s Honour List at the end of each academic year (April). This is a non-monetary designation that appears on your official McGill transcript.
- What programs are offered by the Faculty of Education?
- How long does it take to complete a degree in the Faculty of Education?
- How can I get advanced standing?
- Is it possible to complete my degree part-time?
- I am thinking of enrolling in the TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) / TFSL (Teaching French as a second Language) program. How do I know if my language skills are good enough?
English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) (Course Number EDEC 215 / EDTL 515)
The Quebec Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS), and the Faculty of Education require that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction. To fulfil this obligation, all students newly admitted into Year 1 of the BEd programs (except TFSL) are required to write the English Exam for Teacher Certification (EETC) during the fall term of their first year in the program.
Transfer credits are academic credits awarded for courses completed at accredited schools which can be counted towards your McGill degree.
- Information for Students taking part in the Study Away or Inter-University Transfer Agreement (IUT)
- Information about Advanced Standing for Newly Admitted Students
Note: Students should note that a minimum of 60 credits must be completed at McGill in order to qualify for a McGill degree.