We strive to be world leaders in the optimization of health and well-being across the lifespan.
Training leaders of tomorrow through excellence in teaching, research and service. Advancing and translating knowledge about sport, physical activity and human health across the lifespan, through a transdisciplinary focus from the cell, to the individual and to society.
To respect the diversity of the disciplinary bases and professional practices associated with Kinesiology and Physical Education, to encourage transdisciplinary research and professional endeavors, and promote collegiality.
Teaching and training objectives:
- To develop emerging research leaders and highly qualified personnel capable of cutting-edge research in the field of kinesiology and physical education.
- To offer a curriculum which views human movement from psychosocial, and biological perspectives.
- To encourage creative and critical thinking in students through a variety of instructional approaches.
- To nurture students in becoming independent and active life-long learners in acquiring and evaluating knowledge as they mature as scholars and professionals.
- To provide professional learning opportunities through courses and field placements which place priority on “linking theory to practice”.
- To facilitate and support the development of sustainable, transdisciplinary research partnerships.
- Scaling from cell to society, to elucidate the physiological, neuromechanical and behavioural mechanisms of health, disability and disease across the lifespan.
- To develop, test and implement novel and effective interventions for optimal physical and psychosocial health across a broad range of populations.
- To value and foster continuing education opportunities for alumni and current professionals.
- To further develop and nurture community partnerships in physical activity, sport, health and well-being.
- To advocate for optimization of health through physical activity, sport, education and research.
- To instill / reinforce the importance of social engagement.
- For faculty and trainees to be leaders promoting and providing health evaluation and intervention for members of McGill, Montreal and surrounding communities.
- To embrace our role as responsible citizens of the city, the region, the province, and the global community.
- To foster actions, programs, and scholarship that will lead to a sustainable future.