The Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education actively supports the McGill Research Centre for Physical Activity and Health (PATH), a Faculty of Education Research Centre directed by KPE’s Dennis Jensen. Find out more about PATH.
KPE Research Labs and Centres
- A. S. Lamb Learning Centre
- Biomechanics Lab: Ice Hockey Research Group (IHRG)
- CHAMPS physical activity lab
- Clinical Exercise & Respiratory Physiology Laboratory (CERPL)
- Health and Fitness Promotion Laboratory
- Human Brain Control of Locomotion Lab
- KPE Teaching Lab
- McGill Research Centre for Physical Activity and Health (PATH)
- Muscle Physiology and Biophysics Lab
- Neuromuscular Control Lab
- Occupational Biomechanics and Ergonomics Lab
- Sport Psychology Research Lab
- Theories and Interventions in Exercise and Health Psychology (TIE)
The Currie Gymnasium building also houses the Department of Athletics which offers:
- Intercollegiate competition (at the University level)
- Instructional Program (to acquire/improve athletic skills)
- Intramural Program (to participate in recreational and/or competitive athletics)
- Sports Clubs (students pursuing athletic activity of their choice).
- 2 swimming pools
- 1 ice rink
- 11 squash courts
- 1 racquetball court
- weight room
- 4 full gymnasium
- outdoor track
- football/soccer field with artificial turf
Built in 1994 the field house contains a 200m track, and 4 courts for basketball, volleyball, or tennis.
Several evaluation, educational, and training programs have also been developed such as an extensive physiological assessment program for the Montreal Canadiens and various national teams.