Counselling Psychology handbook, forms & guidelines
This pages contains resources for current Counselling Psychology students. Referee? Visit the Referees page for forms and instructions.
The Counselling Psychology Program Handbook is a student's first and most important resource during their studies in our program. It contains all the important information on student evaluation, practicum/internships, contact information, and required program-related forms.
Note: the handbook is regularly updated; it is recommended not to save a copy on your computer but to access the online version instead.
Counselling Psychology On-Site Hours Log
Below you will find the spreadsheet used by supervisors and students for logging on-site student hours. Also below is a categories descriptions document for assistance in determining how to accurately log activities and a document explaining how to format the Excel sheet to fit on one printed page, should you have trouble doing so.
When filling out the log, please make sure that the weeks on the spreadsheet (in red) correspond to the Mondays of each week for the applicable semester the log is used for and that the semester is indicated along the top.
MEMO FOR STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS - January 28, 2014
Changes to the Logging Form
- A new entry has been created for EDPC 720 Consultation
- A typo and capitalization of a section heading has been made
- Wording of three of the items has been changed (e.g., “Psychodiagnositc testing” now reads “Psychodiagnositc assessment”).
Changes to the Logging Instructions Form
Most of the changes to the instruction form are minor and we hope they will make the instructions clearer. The more prominent changes have to do with:
- The rephrasing of the definitions for “consultation,” of which there are three different types.
- The clarification of the process for logging the number of clients for “other psychological interventions.”
- The splitting of the Woodcock Johnson III Test of Cognitive Abilities and Test of Achievement.
- The clarification of how internship students are supposed to submit their logging hours. (i.e., to their site supervisor vs. their McGill supervisor).
- Couselling Psychology On-Site Hours Log (updated January 2014) [.xls]
- Log Formatting Guide for Printing [.pdf]
- Log Category Instructions (updated January 2014) [.pdf]
PhD Thesis forms
Jump back to main Counselling Psychology program page.