Quick Links

Currently Registered Students - B.Ed. Secondary English

Secondary English advising documents:

Advising documents are divided by year of entry into the program. Select the advising documents relevant to the year you entered the Secondary English program.

Students who entered in Fall 2014

Registration Plans 2014-2015:

Official eCalendar program entry with course lists and descriptions

Students who entered in Fall 2013

Secondary English Program Checklist 2013-2014
Registration Plans 2013-2014:
Secondary English Four Year Overview registration planSecondary English Two Year Overview registration plan
Official eCalendar program entry with course lists and descriptions

English subject area course lists

Academic Advisers:

Grace Wong-McAllister
Tel.: (514) 398-4527 - Email

Ryan Bouma
Tel.: (514) 398-4527 - Email

Frequently Asked Questions:

Where can I find help on how to use Minerva to register for courses?

Step by step instructions and a tutorial video can be found on this website. In addition, the Internships & Student Affairs office is available to help you with registration difficulties.

When are my field experiences (dates)?

See the overviews above to find the semesters in which you should complete your field experiences. In addition, the start and end dates for all field experiences each year can be found on the Internships & Student Affairs website.

I've written an English exit exam already, do I need to register for EDEC 215?

Yes, the provincial governement requires that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction.  More information can be found on the Internships & Student Affairs website..

When do I need to start registering for courses?

Registration for courses for returning students begins in late March or early April and ends a couple weeks after classes in the semester begin.  A complete list of registration start dates can be found here.

What should I do if I'm having trouble registering for a course?

If you are getting an error such as 'program restriction' or 'reserve closed' when attempting to register for a course, first ensure that you are selecting the section designated for your program (if applicable: see the notes under the course in class schedule search on Minerva).  If you are still having trouble, contact the department offering the course (Educational and Counselling Psychology for EDPE and EDPI courses, Linguistics for LING courses, English for ENGL courses, etc.).  The calendar entry for the course will indicate the offering department.

If I am interested in taking French courses, where do I go to take the French Placement Test?

Information about French courses and the French Placement Test can be found on the French Language Centre website.

Program information is organized for three distinct groups:

Prospective Students   Newly Admitted   Currently Registered