Director, Graduate Certificates in Leadership
lynn [dot] butlerkisber [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)
Room 428, Education Building
Areas of interest
- Language and literacy
- Qualitative research methodologies
- Classroom processes/professional development
- Teacher education/student engagement
- Gender issues in leadership/education
Description of current scholarly activities
- McGill/Bronfman Jewish Education Council Educational Leadership Project
- McGill/Champlain College B. Ed. Mentoring Project
- Working to Involve and Nurture Growth and Success (WINGS): High School to CEGEP Peer Mentoring Project
- Quebec/Vermont International Professional Learning Community Project for School Leaders
- School Dropout and Resilience Project (with Anne Lessard et al. U. de Sherbrooke)
- Founding and current Editor, LEARNing Landscapes Journal www.learninglandscapes.ca
- Host (with John Guiney Yallop and Mary Stewart) 4th International Poetic Inquiry Symposium, Montreal, October 2013
Butler-Kisber, L. (2012). Informal learning: Flexible contexts and diverse dimensions. LEARNing Landscapes, 5(2), (June, 2012, pp. 339).
Butler-Kisber, L. (2011). The art of poetic inquiry. In S. Thomas, A. L, Cole, & S. Stewart (Eds.), The art of poetic inquiry. Halifax, NS: Backalong Books.
Butler-Kisber, L. (2010). Qualitative inquiry: Thematic, narrative and arts-informed perspectives. London: Sage.
Butler-Kisber, L. (2008). Representational forms of dissemination. The Sage encyclopedia of qualitative research, Vol 2, (pp. 756-760). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Butler-Kisber, L.. (2008). Collaborative student-teacher inquiry. In B.M. Shore, M.W. Aulls, M.A.B. Delacourt & F.G. Rejskind (Eds.), Inquiry in education: Where ideas come from and where they lead. Mawah, NJ: Erlbaum.
Butler-Kisber, L (2007). Collage in qualitative inquiry. In G. Knowles & A. Cole (Eds.), Handbook of the arts in social science research (pp. 265-278). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Butler-Kisber, L., Robertson, J., Sklar, S., Stoll, L. & Whittingham, T. (2007). Beyond borders: Can international professional learning communities deepen professional learning? In L. Stoll & K. Seashore Louis (Eds.), Professional learning communities: Divergence, depth and dilemmas. (pp. 63-76). London: Taylor & Francis.
Butler-Kisber, L., Li, Y. & Clandinin, J. with Markus, P. (2007). Narrative as artful curriculum making. In L. Bressler (Ed.), International handbook on research in arts education (pp. 219-233).Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer.
Butler-Kisber, L. & Portelli, J. (Eds.). (2003). Student engagement [Special Issue]. McGill Journal of Education, 38(2).
Butler-Kisber, L, Allnutt, S., Furlini, L., Kronish, N., Markus, P., Poldma, T., & Stewart, M. (2003). Insight and voice: Artful analysis in qualitative inquiry. Arts and Learning Research Journal, 19, 127-165.
Butler-Kisber, L. (2002). School days, school days…: A feminist retrospective. WILLA, 11, 25-29.
Butler-Kisber, L. (2002). Artful portrayals in qualitative research: The road to found poetry and beyond. The Alberta Journal of Educational Research, 48, 229-239.