As an important part of its mandate, the Desautels Faculty of Management of McGill University maintains strong ties with industry to ensure its programs address emerging business trends. Assisting in this goal of bringing together industry and academia are two institutional centres and three business consortia.
- Centre for International Management Studies (CIMS), dedicated to strengthening the Faculty's global profile through participation in international training and development projects with Canadian and international partners.
- McGill Executive Institute, where thousands of members of the business community participate in short-term management seminars, executive training programs and customized in-house courses and seminars.
- Health Management Consortium, which focuses on the challenge of creating sustainable, integrated solutions that respond to today's health management needs and concerns.
- Innovation Consortium, which focuses on three key areas or "action stations" – innovation for social purposes, technological and social entrepreneurship, and global sustainable innovation – to strengthen research, teaching and outreach in those areas, and thus enhance leadership and knowledge on innovation.
- International Management Consortium whose mandate is to stimulate and support academic research on international business and management issues, executive training and professional development programs in Canada and abroad.