International study trip
Adopt a Worldly Outlook
Unique and new to the McGill Desautels MBA Program!
About this trip
- Participate in an organized study trip outside of Canada
- Visit significant international business destinations
- Explore the issues to be considered when an organization enters a new, foreign market
Participate in an organized study course that will provide you with an unparalleled opportunity to adopt a worldly outlook. Unique and new to the McGill Desautels MBA program, this course will find you visiting, and networking in, one or more international cities renowned as significant business destinations.
During the trip you will have the opportunity to visit multiple companies, meet with senior executives, and truly experience business in that country. Prior to the trip you will experience constructive workshops and upon your return to Montreal, a reflection paper will be produced.
During this course you will be exposed to the fundamental issues an organization needs to consider when entering a new, foreign market and the challenges involved in operating an international business. These encompass the strategic issues as to “why” and “where,” as well as more tactical issues that address the “how” to enter and operate in a foreign market.
Leading foreign cities and countries are chosen based on delivering an opportune and real-life learning experience for our students. This unique course and the international settings afford exploration of the issues covered to date in the program and the test bedding for the integration of the innovative ideas and concepts discussed.
How it works
- Learning through on-site company visits, meetings with senior executives, classroom settings, workshops and seminars
- Experiential learning takes place in classes located in foreign destinations and include presentations, group projects and field surveys
- Close interaction with company representatives abroad