The BCom office will be offering Workshops for Newly Admitted Students with Advanced Standing on the following dates:
- Bronfman Building - Room 179: Aug 29th (2:00 pm - 3:30 pm)
- Bronfman Building - Room 178: Aug 30th (10:30 am -12:00 pm)
- Bronfman Building - Room 178: Aug 31th (10:30 am - 12:00pm)
Please bring a copy of your examination results to the Advising Session.
If you have not done so, you must arrange to have your final exam results sent directly from the appropriate Examination Board to:
Management of Academic Records Unit
3415 McTavish Street
Room MS 13
Canada, H3A 0C8
McLennan Library Building
3415 McTavish Street
(corner Sherbrooke St. West)
DEADLINE to submit documentation: September 1st.
- Credits and any exemptions from McGill courses will be processed during the summer and prior to the start of classes, provided that all conditions for transfer of credits have been met.
- Enrolment Services will record your advanced standing on your McGill transcript by October at the latest. You can see your transfer credit on your student transcript using Minerva.
- You can access the applicants’ website to see whether your documentation has been received.
Important Registration Dates:
- August 14th, 2012:
- Deadline to register for at least one course in order to avoid late registration penalties
- September 18, 2012:
- Deadline to see a BCom advisor to review advanced standing and confirm registration
- Deadline to add and drop courses
- Last day to select the S/U grade mode on Fall term electives or the first half of multi-term electives that start in September 2012
The Faculty of Management grants a maximum of 30 credits for IB courses. For more information, please click here.
Students receiving at least 24 credits
You will be permitted to register as a U1 student for the courses in the Management Core curriculum, based on the results of these examinations.
MGCR 211 Intro to Financial Accounting
MGCR 382 International Business
MGCR 293 Managerial Economics
MGCR 352 Marketing Management I
MGCR 331 Information Systems
ECON 295 Macroeconomic Policy
MGCR 222 Intro to Organizational Behaviour*
- All courses can be taken in either term except for Math 122, Math 123 and Econ 295
- U1 Core and Math courses vary for students interested in Economics: Honours, Joint Honours and Major, Math and Statistics: Major and Minor. Review the program foot notes here.
- International Management students are advised to take a language course in their first year instead of one elective and one core course (MGCR 222, MGCR 331). The delayed core course can be taken during the U2 year.
- Elective courses taken during U0 year may count towards a Minor Concentration (offered by other Faculties) for students wishing to pursue one.
Advanced standing students without exemptions for MATH 122 and 123 or their equivalents will not have the pre-requisites for:
- Courses: MGCR 271, MGCR 341, MGCR 472
- Programs: Honours in Economics, Jt. Honours in Economics and Finance, Jt. Honours in Economics and Accounting, Major or Minor in Mathematics, Major or Minor in Statistics
Important sources of information
- Advanced standing and transfer credit
- Welcome to McGill: The Essential Guide for New Students, 2011-2012
- Video tutorial on how to register using Minerva
- If you have not yet declared your program, please use the Minerva “Primary Curriculum Change tool” and choose “Major: General Management” to be able to register for courses. It is possible to change the program selection at a later time.
- You must register for both the fall and winter term at the same time.
Math Placement Examinations
Students who have completed the equivalent of one or more university-level mathematics courses but do not have acceptable advanced standing certification, please click here.
Resources for students who will be studying in English for the first time
- CESL 299 ESL: Academic English Seminar (3 credits): you will receive 3 credits of electives toward your degree
- Étudiants francophones
Contact the BCom Program Office at 514-398-4068 or send an email to bcom [dot] mgmt [at] mcgill [dot] ca for further questions.