9 Credits (one full-year language course)
12 Credits (two levels, 6 credits each)
- Japanese (third and fourth level)
- Chinese (third and fourth level)
- Lower and Higher Intermediate Arabic
*Portuguese is available to McGill students through the IUT program at either Université de Montreal or UQAM. For more information consult http://www.mcgill.ca/student-records/iut/.
Choosing the language:
- Students interested in Theme 1 (Comparative Global Studies) should try to match the language with their area of study.
- For students who would like to find future employment in a specific area of the globe, it is advisable to learn a language used by businesses in this region or country.
- Students with a general interest in international issues, who have chosen a Minor Concentration from Theme 2 (Global Politics & Economy) or Theme 3 (Global Well-Being & Development), may select a language of their choice.