Students completing two Concentrations, or Majors in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Labour-Management Relations and Human Resources, or Marketing, must take a minimum of 6 credits of non-Management electives in the three-year program (90 credits), or 12 credits of non-Management electives in the four year program (120 credits). This requirement does not apply to those completing a Minor, a Major in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Psychology, or an Honours or Joint Honours program. Non-Management electives may be chosen from a broad range of faculties and departments, subject to the exclusions of course overlap regarding statistics, computer, and economics courses, and the restrictions listed below.
Quantitative Methods, Statistics, and Research courses offered by any department must be approved by the Director, BCom Program, prior to registration in the course. Failure to obtain the necessary approval will result in the course being excluded (E) from the credit count.
A maximum of 6 credits can be taken in English for Academic Purposes and/or English as a Second Language: the relevant subject codes are CEAP, CEEN, CEGL, CESL, and EDEC.
Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
- All courses require approval by a student adviser in the BCom Student Affairs Office.
- All courses are approved, subject to course overlap and the above notes, with a maximum of 6 credits approved in CEAP, CEEN, CEGL, CESL, and EDEC (combined), or SWRK (approved courses only). ECON 208 and ECON 209 may not be taken for credit within the BCom program.
- A maximum of 6 credits are approved from the language courses offered; no credit will be granted for other SCS courses with subject codes beginning with a "C", such as CCTR or CMIS.
- A maximum 6 credits are approved from the following subject codes (combined): EDEA 201, 204, 205, 296, 304, 305, 307, 496, 497; EDEC 200, 202, 205, 208, 236, 239, 241, 242, 247, 248, 260, 261, 305, 308, 309, 403; EDEE 325; EDEM 209, 220, 309, 394, 395, 461, 473, 484; EDES 366; EDKP 205, 206, 261, 292, 293, 303, 330, 391, 395, 566; EDPC 510; EDPE 377; EDPE 526.
- No courses are approved from subject codes EDET, EDFC,EDFE, EDPT or EDSL.
- Most courses in subject codes ARCH, CHEE, CIVE, ECSE, MECH, MIME, URBP with approval of an Adviser.
- No courses are approved from subject codes FACC or MPMC.
- The following courses are not approved: CHEE 291, 360, 462; CIVE 210, 432; ECSE 443; MECH 201, 260, 262, 289; MIME 202, 221, 280, 290, 291, 310, 380, 392, 480, 481, 494.
School of Environment
- All courses are approved.
- MUPD 200 and MUPD 201, as well as all courses are approved in subject codes MUGT, MUHL, MUMT, MUPP, MUSR, MUTH, and MUAR (taught by Arts). MUPD 204 is not approved for credits.
- A maximum of 6 credits is approved from the following (combined): MUCO, MUCT, MUEN, MUIN, MUIT, MUJZ, MUPG, and MUSP.
- All courses are approved.
- All courses are approved, subject to course overlap and the above Note 1, except COMP 102 and COMP 189; MATH 111, MATH 112, MATH 122, MATH 123, MATH 133, MATH 139, MATH 140, MATH 141, MATH 150, MATH 151, MATH 152, MATH 203, and MATH 204.
- A maximum 6 credits may be taken from the World of Chemistry courses CHEM 180, CHEM 181, CHEM 182, and CHEM 183.
Subject to the requirements and restrictions for Non-Management electives as outlined above, all remaining elective credits may be taken in any Faculty, Management or otherwise.