Vision, Mission, and Goals
- The McGill Centre for the Convergence of Health and Economics (MCCHE) aims to be a world leader in promoting the development of a novel integrative approach to the study of global nutrition and health challenges (including hunger and under nutrition, and the growing worldwide epidemic of obesity).
- The MCCHE fundamentally seeks to transform individual and community diets, lifestyles, markets, and health systems through health and economic convergence.
- Collaborate with leading academics and professionals in leading organizations in management, health, agriculture, business, law, economics, and the social sciences, and include others from genomics, neuroscience, and complexity sciences, to bridge the many divides in society, science, economics, and behavior at the root of modern health and economic problems.
- Promote excellence in academic research, developing a knowledge base and facilitating its translation into concrete activities, strategies, and policies, with the objective of generating health-promoting social and business changes.
- Transform individual and community diets, lifestyles, markets, and health systems.
- Generate health-promoting social and business changes.
- Collaborate in outstanding research and education programs.
- Develop research based knowledge-to-action activities.
- Train all levels of graduate students.