The SEI's research-related goal is to conduct leading-edge research into the social economy for the purpose of actionable knowledge.
Over one third of our professors' research topics relevant to the social economy, including:
- Clean technology
- Institutional entrepreneurship
- Cooperatives in developing countries
- Corporate governance in society
- Sustainable supply chain management
- Individual and collective choice impacting health, wellbeing and sustainable prosperity
In addition to the MDIIM, the Desautels Faculty of Management has several research centres that support social economy-related activities, including:
- Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies
- McGill Centre for the Convergence of Health and Economics
- NSERC CREATE Program on Healthcare Operations and Information Management
Future SEI research plans include:
- Recruiting a prominent, respected scholar for a Chair, to conduct and promote related research.
- Increasing the amount and impact of related research in the Faculty.
- Providing faculty fellowships to professors.
- Attracting the best PhD students by providing competitive PhD fellowships.
- Developing a multi-faculty research agenda.
We are developing our first research papers (listed below). Please continue to refer back to this page.
- Measuring Social Value: Current Concepts and Approaches
- Introduction to Impact Investment