Career Services offers many different resources to students that enable them to do research on different industries, careers; to learn how to market themselves; and to complete a self-assessment.
Some of the Career Resources offered include:
- myFuture: Career Services' website with information on employers, job postings, upcoming events, workshops, resource links, sample cover letters and resumes, and more including the following:
- Career Resources: a list of career and industry documents and websites.
- CareerLeader: web-based self-assessment tool that measures your abilities and interests.
- Vault Guides: online career and industry guides.
- Going Global: online information for international careers.
- CQ Interactive: online interactive case training.
- Resume Book: MBA 1 students looking for an internship can participate in the Summer Resume Book and MBA 2 students can participate in the Permanent Resume Book which are presented to over 500 employers.
To access the above resources, students must sign-in to myFuture.
Additional resources available to students are:
- Career Services' library: books, periodicals and magazines available in the Soutar Career Centre office.
- McGill Career and Placement Services at McGill (CAPS)
Career Intelligence Analytics
Career Intelligence Analytics (CIA) is the student platform that captures all data, information and insights related to internships and post-graduate employment. Students can contribute to the database by entering information related to their employment search such as interview questions, salary, job data and other career insights. This information is valuable to future students who are searching for relevant information related to a particular industry, role or company.
The database is completely confidential and students can browse aggregate information from previous years, peruse interview questions and obtain general salary and job data information which can help them make informed decisions about their future.
Log into CIA.