Career Services offers many different resources to students that enable them to do research on different industries, careers; to learn how to market themselves; and to complete a self-assessment.
Some of the Career Resources offered include:
- myFuture: Career Services' website with information on employers, job postings, upcoming events, workshops, resource links, sample cover letters and resumes, and more including the following:
- Career Resources: a list of career and industry documents and websites.
- CareerLeader: web-based self-assessment tool that measures your abilities and interests.
- Vault Guides: online career and industry guides.
- Going Global: online information for international careers.
- CQ Interactive: online interactive case training.
- Resume Book: MBA 1 students looking for an internship can participate in the Summer Resume Book and MBA 2 students can participate in the Permanent Resume Book which are presented to over 500 employers.
To access the above resources, students must sign-in to myFuture.
Additional resources available to students are:
- Career Services' library: books, periodicals and magazines available in the Soutar Career Centre office.
- McGill Career and Placement Services at McGill (CAPS)
Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. Glassdoor offers a great deal of "employee generated content" – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves. The site boasts 3 million salaries and reviews, and aims to provide users with information they might need to make their next career decision.
In addition, Glassdoor's JobScope technology gives job seekers a new way to browse job listings and get instant, in-depth details for any job listing. Users can look beyond the information provided in typical job descriptions through seamlessly integrated salaries and reviews posted by employees. Job seekers can also uncover any Inside Connections they may have through their friends on Facebook.