Quick facts & rankings
2,300 BCom students
175 MBA students
65 PhD students
12 academic programs
4 executive development programs
11 research centres and institutes
Over 20,000 alumni
Recent rankings & accolades
América Economía Global MBA Program Rankings 2013
- For the second year in a row, our full-time MBA ranked 12th in the world (alongside Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business and London Business School) and 1st in Canada, based on academics and attractiveness to Latin American students who wish to study abroad.
Corporate Knights 2013
- The Desautels MBA moved to 4th in Canada and 7th in the world in terms addressing sustainable development and corporate social responsibility through teaching, research and practice.
The Economist Global EMBA Rankings 2013
- The McGill-HEC Montreal EMBA was ranked 29th in the world.
- Our EMBA has the best quality of students in Canada (4th in the world).
Global Financial Times (FT) MBA Rankings 2013
- Our MBA is 76th in the world
- We are also #1 in Canada and 27th in the world for International Course Experience (the degree to which our students have international experiences during the program).
QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2012/13
- The Desautels MBA is #14 globally (up from 19th in 2011) out of 39 Elite International Business Schools.
- We are #1 in Canada and #33 in the world for Innovation (based on recruiters’ opinions of MBA graduates’ abilities in this area).
Businessweek MBA Rankings 2012
- The Desautels Faculty of Management MBA placed 10th overall for international full-time MBA programs.
- We are ranked 1st for two-year MBA programs in Canada and 3rd internationally.
- We finished 3rd overall for international full-time MBA programs in the Employer feedback survey, based on how top corporate recruiters rated the quality of our graduates and their experience with our MBAs.
Globe and Mail’s Canadian University Report 2012
- McGill University ranked 1st in Canada for reputation with employers and city satisfaction, based on a survey of more than 33,000 Canadian undergraduate students.
International Herald Tribune 2011
- McGill University ranked 19th in the world in terms of employability, measured by the results of a survey in which leading companies were asked to select the top universities from which they recruited.
Entrepreneur Magazine 2011
- Our MBA was the only program outside of the U.S. to make it to the Top 16 Best Green Business Education Degrees.