The CRN is looking for the best and brightest postdoctoral researchers. Ideal candidates for CRN postdoctoral research positions are highly-motivated individuals who:
- Have relevant experience and an aptitude for research.
- Have established a publication record.
- Recently obtained or are nearing completion of a PhD or MD degree. An individual cannot register (or remain registered) as a postdoctoral trainee with McGill’s Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies if it has been 5 years or more since obtaining their PhD or MD degree.
Before you apply, we ask that you:
1. Read about CRN Research Groups and review our publications to determine which area(s) of our research interest you the most.
2. Explore fellowship funding opportunities and eligibility through these organizations or others.
3. Contact our faculty members by email, providing the following information:
- A cover letter describing who you are, and specifically mentioning why you want to join their research group at CRN.
- A conventional resume or CV detailing your education, employment, and research experience, plus any other details that you think are relevant to your application.
- An unofficial transcript of your academic record.
4. Please understand that our investigators are not always able to respond to every applicant because:
- We receive many applications.
- There are a limited number of postdoctoral positions available.
- These positions are highly competitive.
Visit Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies at McGill. There you can also follow social media about postgraduate life at McGill that includes blogs, Facebook, twitter and Flickr.
Check out the Postgraduate Student Society. This is the representative body for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows at McGill, and their events can be followed on Facebook.
Need more information?
Our investigators can respond to your remaining questions regarding their research, funding opportunities, or about the training environment at the CRN. For additional information contact the CRN office.