Mary Ellen Macdonald's Publications
PUBLISHED REFEREED PAPERS
- Macdonald, ME, Chalk, C. Not just numbers: Qualitative research and the clinical neurosciences. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences, 2011, 38(2).
- Cerigo, H, Macdonald, ME, Franco, EL, Brassard P. Inuit women’s attitudes and experiences towards cervical cancer and its prevention. International Journal of Circumpolar Health. (Published online October 26, 2011).
- Sherman J, Macdonald ME, Carnevale FA, Vignola S. The development and implementation of a Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Program for youth in the Algonquin community of Rapid Lake, Quebec. Pimatisiwin, A Journal of Indigenous and Aboriginal Community Health 2011;9(1):219-243.
- Jagosh, J, Boudreau, DJ, Steinert, Y, Macdonald, ME, Ingram, L. The Importance of Physician Listening from the Patients` Perspective: Enhancing Diagnosis, Healing, and the Doctor-Patient Relationship. Journal of Patient Education and Counseling 2011;85(3):369-74.
REFEREED PAPERS (IN-PRESS)
- Macdonald ME, Liben S, Carnevale FA, Cohen SR. An Office or Bedroom? A Disconnect between family culture and professional culture in the PICU. Journal of Child Health Care (in press).
- Campbell A, Carnevale M, Jackson S, Carnevale F, Collin-Vézina C, Macdonald ME. Child citizenship and agency as shaped by legal obligations. Child and Family Law Quarterly (in press).
SUBMITEED REFEREED PAPERS
- Bélanger E, Rodríguez C, Groleau D, Marchand R, Légaré F, Macdonald ME. Respecting individual preferences about a ‘Good Death’ with shared decision-making in Palliative and End-of-Life Care. Death Studies (submitted December 2010).
- Bélanger E, Rodríguez C, Groleau D, Macdonald ME, Marchand R, Légaré F. A ‘Good Death’ for whom? Shifting control over social norms of death and dying. Social Science and Medicine (submitted December 2010).
- Pluye, P, Bedos C, Lindenmeyer, A, Cargo, M, Levine, A, Loignon, C, Macdonald, ME, Nicolau, B, Hannes, K, O’Cathain, A, Fetters, M, Gagnon, MP, Robert, E, Ridde, V, Vedel, I, Rodríguez C. Needs of standards for good reporting of oral health qualitative research. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology (submitted January 2011).
- Shrier I, Steele R, Carnevale FA, Chan LS, Macdonald ME. (2011, October). Understanding how meta-analysts interpret meta-analyses. 19th Cochrane Colloquium, Madrid, Spain. Oral Presentation. Published in conference proceedings.
- Chan LS, Macdonald ME, Carnevale FA, Steele R, Shrier I. (2011, October). Understanding subjectivity in the meta-analytic process: Meta-analysts’ variation in managing variability.19th Cochrane Colloquium, Madrid, Spain. Oral Presentation. Published in conference proceedings.
- Bélanger E, Rodríguez C, Groleau D, Marchand R, Légaré F, Macdonald ME. (2011, June). A critical discourse analysis of shared decision-making in palliative care. 6th International Shared Decision-Making Conference, Maastricht, The Netherlands, June 19-22, 2011.
- Bélanger E, Rodríguez C, Groleau D, Macdonald ME, Marchand R, Légaré F. (2011, June) Réflexion anthropologique sur le concept d’une « belle mort. » 1st Francophone Palliative Care Conference, Lyon, France. Published in conference proceddings
- McLeod P, Steinert Y, Boillat M, Macdonald ME, Elizov M. (2011, May). How faculty development research can inform practice. 1st International Conference on Faculty Development in the Health Professions, May 10-13, 2011.
- Bélanger E, Rodríguez C, Groleau D, Macdonald ME Marchand R, Légaré F. (2011, May). Revisiting the Ontology of Shared Decision-Making in Palliative Care from the Perspective of Critical Discursive Psychology. Society for Medical Decision Making (SMDM), Chicago, IL.
- Kloda LA, Macdonald ME, Caporicci R, Cadell S, & Liben S. (2011, May). Experiences of family members after a child dies: Scoping the literature in interdisciplinary research. Canadian Health Libraries Association (CHLA) Annual Conference, Calgary, AB, May 26-30, 2011. Published in conference proceedings.
- Liu S, Cerigo H, Macdonald ME. (2011 February). An Oral Health Needs Assessment of an Urban Aboriginal Population. Faculty of Dentistry Research Day, Montreal, QC. Poster Presentation.
PUBLICATIONS WITHOUT REVIEW COMMITTEE
- Graham, J, Adelson, N, Fortin, S, Bibeau, G, Lock, M, Hyde, S, Macdonald, ME, Olazabal, I, Stephenson, P, Waldram, J. The End of Medical Anthropology in Canada? University Affairs 2011 (March).