>Summer 2018 Session: July 30 – August 17, 2018 (3 weeks) View brochure
Registration deadline: July 2, 2018
* Note: If you have missed the deadline, kindly call or email the contact information listed below.
1. INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT (30 HOURS)
This course addresses the fundamental principles of project management, and the tools and techniques at our disposal to help achieve project goals. These principles, largely developed and tested on engineering projects, are being successfully applied to projects of all sizes and types within the business world. They are also fully aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), published by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Topics include: project life cycle, planning, scheduling, implementing, monitoring, controlling, close-out and ethics. Students have the opportunity not only to delve into the key principles of project management, but to put these principles into practice. Students will learn how to use Microsoft® Project 2010 to prepare a clear project plan and communicate project progress and status.
2. INTRODUCTION TO AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (30 HOURS)
This course covers the application of agile concepts, principles, and methodologies in project management, largely developed and tested on software development projects, and being successfully applied to projects of all sizes and types in other various industries.
The course topics are aligned with the established agile manifesto and principles supporting the Agile Certified Practitioner certification offered and administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI-ACP®).
Courses are non-credit transcript courses. A McGill transcript will be issued for these courses. The language of instruction is English. Courses can be taken individually.
- Tuition and Ancillary Fees: $2,495 CAD
PROGRAM FEES INCLUDE
- International Health Insurance (for non-Canadian students)
- All course material
- Official McGill Transcript
- Attestation of Completion of Program
- Orientation Session
- Welcome and Farewell receptions
OPTIONAL (FEES TO BE ANNOUNCED)
- Accommodation (Double Occupancy, Taxes Included): $787,95 CAD
- Industrial visit
- Cultural and social activities