We spend most of our business day staring at visual mediums (computer screen or smart phone), yet when trying to solve problems in the workplace we resort to linear thinking (words and numbers).
Introducing people to visual thinking tools can greatly improve their thinking process, by making it easy for them, by appealing to their visual senses.
Whether it is simply sketching out ideas, or undertaking a more detailed problem solving using a mind map, we can dramatically improve our ability to understand and be understood through the use of visual thinking tools.
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: McGill downtown campus
Fee: $695 plus applicable taxes
Alumni fee: $591 plus applicable taxes
This high energy visual and hands-on 1-day workshop will provide you with a creative way to put your ideas and thoughts to paper, so they are clearly organized and better understood by you and others.
These techniques and best practices can be applied immediately and with amazing success: in your business environment and in your personal life. This workshop will help you to “connect-the-dots”; to bring clarity to sometimes complex challenges and unearth creative new ideas; either individually or in a team environment. Be ready to unlearn and free yourself from some of the old school paradigms and replace them with creative visual thinking.
* Mind Map is a registered trademark of the Buzan Organization Limited 1990, www.thinkbuzan.com
Who Should Attend
Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business professionals, students and basically anyone who wishes to improve their problem solving, note-taking, planning, productivity and communications performance.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to apply best practice modelling & MindMapping techniques, processes and tools in your work and home environments with confidence and ease. The blank sheet syndrome will be something of the past for you and for your teams. This will be your most valuable go-to technique in your toolbox.
- Understanding the mysteries of how the human mind processes information
- Breaking the shackles of traditional thinking and communications
- Expressing oneself visually – using core modelling practices
- Modelling & Mind Mapping Basics
- How: Best Modelling & Mind Mapping techniques
- What: Exposing participants to the required techniques, best-practices & tools to help your Models & MindMaps pop with creativity and substance.
- Leverage 2 powerful techniques to catalyze teams
- Synergy at work: the power of WE
- When: Situational applications
- Visioning – visual brainstorming at work
- SWOT – strategic thinking
- Generating a strategic plan
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing to pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca.
Receive a full refund if your cancellation request is received up to 14 days prior to the start date of the workshop.
Receive a refund minus $100 cancellation fee if your cancellation request is received up to 7 days prior to the start date of the workshop.
No Refunds are issued if your cancellation request is received within 7 days of the start date of the workshop, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted.
Please note that if no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.
E-mail: pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca