Agile Project Management
An agile approach to project management is being adopted by more and more organizations to gain a competitive advantage and accelerate the delivery and visibility of business values while significantly reducing project risks and delays. This new course will discuss the application of agile concepts, principles, and methodologies to projects which will help organizations and project teams to adapt promptly to constantly changing market demands and client requirements.
Location: 688 Sherbrooke Street West
Course Number: CENG 224
Credit Weight: 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs): 39.00 PMP®/PgMP® | 39.00 PMI-ACP℠
This course covers the application of Agile concepts, principles, and methodologies in project management, largely developed and tested on software development projects, and being successfully applied to projects of all sizes and types in other various industries.
The course topics are aligned with the established Agile manifesto and principles supporting the Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) certification offered and administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
Who Should Attend
Project/Product Managers, System Architects, Team Leaders/Members, Portfolio/Program Managers, Project Managers/ScrumMasters, PMO, Business Sponsors and Product Managers/Owners, System Architects, Team/Technical Leaders, Executives, and Managers interested in learning more about Agile Project Management
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply Agile concepts, principals, and methodologies to projects
- Manage and deliver projects with the use of Agile teams
- Articulate Agile frameworks, artifacts, roles, and responsibilities
- Estimate and plan using agile, iterative, and time-boxed techniques
- Mitigate project risk through organic Agile team practices
- Deliver both innovation and excellence through Agile team coaching
- Improve project performance via Agile meetings and reviews
- Prepare to eventually qualify and write the PMI-ACP® exam.
- Agile Project Management Introduction
- Agile Scrum Framework
- Agile XP Methodology
- Agile Lean Methodology
- Agile Frameworks and Tools
- Agile Requirements and User Stories
- Agile Estimating and Planning
- Agile Organic Risk Management
- Agile Team Cooperation and Communication
- Agile Team Coaching
- Agile Retrospectives and Lessons Learned
Michael Delis Eng., PMP, PRINCE2, PMI-ACP, CSP, CSM
Michael Delis is a senior project management consultant, Agile practitioner, portfolio/project manager, and certified project management instructor with two decades of diversified global consulting, training, project management and engineering experience. He has received the Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) and Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications from the Project Management Institute (PMI®), the Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certifications from the Scrum Alliance, the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner certifications from the Association of Project Managers Group (APMG), along with a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
Mr. Delis is Executive Vice-President and Director of Training and Methodology at PMC - Project Management Centre.
Please take a moment to carefully read the registration instructions below:
1. Print and complete the Agile Project Management (CENG 224) Registration Form [.pdf]
Before submitting your registration please verify that all information is legible, that you have signed both forms and that the supporting documents have been photocopied correctly.
2. How to submit your registration:
- By email to pdregistrations [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca (please scan and attach clear copy of documents)
- By mail or in person to:
Department of Career and Professional Development
McGill University School of Continuing Studies
688 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 1199
Montreal, Quebec H3A 3R1
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm, Fridays: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Should you have any questions or concerns about your registration, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at 514-398-6200 or by email
Fees may be paid by Visa, Mastercard or AMEX. We also accept payment by personal cheque.
For all other inquiries, please contact 514-398-5454 or pd [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca.
If you wish to cancel your registration, please advise Career and Professional Development in writing at
688 Sherbrooke Street West
10th floor, room 1029
Phone: 514 398 5454
Fax: 514 398 5224
email: pd [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca
1) Before the first lecture to obtain a full refund.
2) Prior to the THIRD lecture drop with full refund of course fees and a $100 cancellation fee.
3) After the THIRD lecture withdrawal with no refund of course fees (please note that this option implies a withdrawal, grade “W”, on your transcript).
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I obtain an attestation of completion?
This course will appear on your official McGill transcript. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an Attestation from McGill University. This attestation will indicate the number of CEUs and PDs earned.
What are CEUs?
CEUs are Continuing Education Units. A Continuing Education Unit is a measure of the number of hours of participation - contact and/or study - in an organized Continuing Education activity. One CEU represents ten hours of participation. Participants who successfully complete the Comprehensive Business Analysis course earn 16 CEUs.
Can I take this course without being evaluated?
If you do not wish to be evaluated, you can fill out a Request for Non-Evaluation form at the Department prior to the second class. Your McGill transcript will show a grade of NE (Not evaluated). You will find the Request for Non-Evaluation form here. Note that students who request non-evaluation will not receive an Attestation of successful completion from McGill University, nor will they be granted CEU's.
E-mail: pd [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca