Start date: May 1 – June 19, 2017 (7 weeks)
Deadline date: Two weeks prior to to the start date.
Please note that classes may be held on Saturdays and/or in the evenings.
1. FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING* (39 HOURS)
Fundamental theories and principles of strategic marketing. Role of the marketing professional in the corporate environment. Applications of marketing practices to new businesses. Development of a marketing plan.
2. PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING* (39 HOURS)
Introduction to marketing principles, focusing on problem solving and decision making. Topics include: the marketing concept; marketing strategies; buyer behaviour; Canadian demographics; internal and external constraints; product; promotion; distribution; price. Lectures, text material and case studies.
3. FUNDAMENTALS OF FUNDRAISING (39 HOURS)
Current status of fund-raising and philanthropy in Canada. Donor motivations, strategies for attracting support from different donor audiences, development of fund-raising campaigns for not-for-profits, charitable foundations, para-public and public-sector organizations. Role of donor organizations. Theoretical knowledge, technical skills and ethical considerations.
4. PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING (39 HOURS)
Fundamental theories and practices of communication and networking (internal and external) in the workplace. Writing, speaking, presentation and team interaction skills.
*Only one of these courses can be taken for credit.
**Fees may increase slightly as of May 2017.
- Tuition(per course):
- Quebec Residents: $298.29 CAD
- Non-Quebec Students & French Citizens: $788.25 CAD
- International Students: $3,200.85 CAD
- Ancillary Fees (Charged once per semester): $64.82 CAD
- Health Insurance Fees (International Students Only): $331.00 CAD
- Fees include:
- Official McGill transcript (All students have access online to their transcript. A written transcript is available for a fee.)
- Attestation of Completion of Program Orientation session
- Optional: (Fees to be announced)
- Accommodation (Double Occupancy, Taxes Included): $1,266 CAD
- Industrial visit
- Cultural and social activities
- Not included:
- Pedagogical Material
Please complete the registration package (PDF) and send it to summer.studies [at] mcgill.ca before the deadline date (noted above).
QUESTIONS? WE CAN HELP!
School of Continuing Studies, 688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1029, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 3R1
E-mail: summer.studies [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Request%20for%20Info%3A%20Marketing%20and%20Public%20Relations%20Undergrad)
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT-5)
Tel: +1 (514) 398-5212