Start dates: May 1 – June 19, 2017 (7 weeks)
Deadline date: Two weeks prior to the start date.
Please note that classes may be held on Saturdays and/or in the evenings.
1. MARKETING PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATIONS 39 HOURS
Covers the different aspects of marketing operations: the marketing concept, the analysis and research of market opportunities, the planning, implementation, and control of the marketing program (Product, Promotion, Distribution, and Pricing). The course focuses on Canadian market environment and Canadian marketing institutions. Lectures and case studies on an individual basis and/or involving team work will be used.
2. GLOBAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT 39 HOURS
Marketing management considerations of a company seeking to extend beyond the confines of its domestic market. A review of product, pricing, channels of distribution and communications policies to develop an optimum strategy (between adapting completely to each local environment and standardizing across them) for arriving at an integrated and profitable operation. Particular attention to international marketing and exporting in the Canadian context.
3. COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING SKILLS 39 HOURS
This course will provide students with leadership skills pertaining to communication and networking in the workplace. Topics covered include influencing, appraising situations, business networking, teamwork and delivering effective presentations.
4. FUNDRAISING AND PHILANTHROPY 39 HOURS
The organization as donor and as fund-raiser. Social, legal and regulatory context of fund-raising and corporate giving. Role and structure of foundations, government agencies and other donor organizations. Corporate community support. Fundraising campaigns (planning and methods), donor relations, working with volunteer leadership, information management, ethics and accountability.
*Fees may increase slightly as of May 2017.
- Tuition(per course):
- Quebec Residents: $298.29 CAD
- Non-Quebec Students & French Citizens: $788.25 CAD
- International Students: $1,659.78 CAD
- Ancillary Fees (Charged once per semester): $64.82 CAD
- Health Insurance Fees (International Students Only): $331.00 CAD
- Fees include:
- Official McGill transcript (All students have access online to their transcript. A written transcript is available for a fee.)
- Attestation of Completion of Program Orientation session
- Optional: (Fees to be announced)
- Accommodation (Double Occupancy, Taxes Included): $1,266 CAD
- Industrial visit
- Cultural and social activities
- Not included:
- Pedagogical Material
Please complete the registration package (PDF) and send it to summer.studies [at] mcgill.ca before the deadline date (noted above).
QUESTIONS? WE CAN HELP!
School of Continuing Studies, 688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1029, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 3R1
E-mail: summer.studies [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Request%20for%20Information%3A%20Marketing%20and%20Public%20Relations%20Graduate)
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT-5)
Tel: +1 (514) 398-5212