Dates: 2018, TBA
The first of its kind, this symposium will bring together parliamentary training institutes, universities, and associations and other organisations involved in the training and professional development of parliamentary staff with the following objectives in mind:
- to provide a forum in which different perspectives, experiences, and expertise in the field of parliamentary staff development can be shared;
- to develop and disseminate knowledge arising from these multiple perspectives;
- to establish a virtual International Community of Practice comprising parliamentary training institutes from both developing and developed countries, universities, associations, and external funders, including DFATD and the World Bank;
- to strengthen the capacity of parliamentary staff training institutes in national parliaments;
- to provide learning and research resources on the vital role played by highly-qualified parliamentary staff in the efficient and effective organization of parliaments.
Who Should Attend?
Parliamentary training institute executives, practitioners, scholars, and researchers involved in parliamentary staff training.
- Attend expert-led presentations and plenary discussions.
- Participate in extensive knowledge sharing, both at the event itself and in the longer term through the Community of Practice, in order to develop a professional cadre of parliamentary staff.
- A practical opportunity to network and leverage the expertise, experience, and best practices of established parliamentary training programs that provide advice and information, and to facilitate ongoing relationships with newer institutions in other countries.
- Benchmark with your peers; discuss your challenges; and take away new ideas, tools, and connections for maximum impact within your training institute.
- Identify and develop opportunities for collaboration and partnerships in curriculum development, research, and scholarly reports in the field of parliamentary development for use by practitioners and scholars interested in good governance, organizational design, and professional staff development.
The Professional Development Certificate in Parliamentary Management is designed for mid-level parliamentary staff who have the potential to reach the highest levels of parliamentary management.
If you wish to join the Global Network of Parliamentary Training Institutes, please submit your request here.