November 2014 DELF/DALF Tous publics
Registration period: September 22, 2014 to October 20, 2014
June 2015 DELF/DALF Tous publics
Registration period: April 20, 2015 to May 15, 2015
November 2015 DELF/DALF Tous publics
Registration period: September 18, 2015 to October 16, 2015
April 2015 DELF Scolaire (for secondary schools only)
Registration period: March 9, 2015 to April 3, 2015
The DELF and DALF are two modern diplomas designed to assess the communicative skills of candidates in real situations, using authentic documents. Composed of independent units the DELF and the DALF evaluate language know-how rather than formal grammatical knowledge. The National Examination Centre in Canada has offered the DELF (Diplôme d’études en langue française) and the DALF (Diplôme approfondi de langue française) since 1999. Candidates from Québec may sit these examinations at McGill University.
- Diplomas awarded by the French Ministry of Education
- Exams must be taken in official examination centres in France or other accredited centres abroad
- International recognition: The DELF-DALF structure is modeled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organization of language teaching and certification.
DELF/DALF: worldwide recognition
- The DELF (A1 and A2) certifies that the holder has basic competency in French and is able to communicate in normal everyday situations.
- The DELF (B1 and B2) certifies that the holder has an autonomous knowledge of French and Francophone civilization and is able to analyze a text orally and in writing.
- The DALF (C1 and C2) guarantees that the holder has an extensive knowledge of the French language and has mastered advanced levels of expression in selected areas such as Economics and Law, Social Sciences, Health and Life Sciences, and Sciences.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
For more information, please contact Translation Studies, McGill University, 688 Sherbrooke St. West, Room 1181, MONTREAL QC H3A 3R1, Canada
E-mail: translation [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca (with DELF/DALF in the subject line)
France: Centre international d'études pédagogiques
The Canadian DELF-DALF website: http://delf-dalf.ambafrance-ca.org/