The Spring Break Immersion at McGill University is designed to help you improve your language and communication skills in an engaging, stimulating environment.
This is a total immersion program in which you will interact with native speakers consistently and practice your English 24/7; at homestay, in class, and with your classmates after school.
You will also explore the beautiful multicultural city of Montreal along with your classmates as you embark on an exciting life experience.
February 27 to March 24, 2017 (4 weeks)
Flight arrivals at Montreal Trudeau airport should be Saturday February 25 (departure March 25)
Includes tuition, activities, mandatory medical insurance, homestay accommodation, airport pickup and dropoff, public transit pass (OPUS Card)
- Students stay in homestay with a Canadian family
- Daily classes from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Main instruction with McGill ESL specialists
- Discover Montreal Life and Culture outings and activities with class monitors
- Daily pronunciation class
- Try Montreal food specialties
- Try Canadian winter sports
- Make cultural presentations in a local elementary school
- Experience Saint Patrick’s Day cultural festival
- Two optional weekend day trips – Ottawa, Canada’s Capital; and Quebec City, the capital of Quebec province and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Extra fees apply.
Join us for an unforgettable winter adventure in Canada!
Sample program schedule [PDF]
For more information:
Kevin Stanley, Program Coordinator
kevin [dot] stanley [at] mcgill [dot] ca
Contact Administrative Coordinator paola [dot] samano [at] mcgill [dot] ca before January 13, 2017. We will contact you concerning payment procedures after your application is accepted.
(Late applicants, please contact kevin [dot] stanley [at] mcgill [dot] ca)