Spring Break English Immersion
Are you looking for a way to improve your English this spring? Do you want to discover a vibrant city and meet new people, all while studying at one of the world’s most renowned universities?
The Spring Break Immersion at McGill University is specifically designed to help you improve your language and communication skills in a stimulating environment and an engaging manner.
This is a total immersion program in which you will interact with native speakers consistently and practice your English 24/7, at homestay, in class, and with your classmates after school.
You will also explore the beautiful multicultural city of Montreal along with your classmates as you embark on an exciting life experience.
Dates: February 16 to March 13, 2015
Course fees: $1,680 (Includes instruction and activities, five days a week, and mandatory medical insurance; does not include homestay accommodation or optional weekend activities.)
Should there be a requirement by a partner institution for a shorter or longer program of this type, customized versions of this program can be created for institutional cohorts of 15 or more students.
- Students stay in homestay with a Canadian family (arranged with private homestay agencies)
- Daily classes from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Main instruction with McGill ESL specialists
- Discover Montreal Life and Culture Modules and Outings with class monitors
- Pronunciation clinic
- Organized weekday activities (such as a newscast recording, museums, local specialty restaurants, and much more!) in the afternoons with class monitors who work with small groups of students
- Weekends free for optional side trips – Ottawa, Niagara Falls, Quebec City
Join us for an unforgettable spring break adventure in Canada!
Please print out and complete the Application Form [pdf]
Scan the completed form and your passport, and email the scans to christa [dot] grant [at] mcgill [dot] ca before January 12, 2015. We will contact you concerning payment procedures after your application is accepted.
(Late applicants, please contact kevin [dot] stanley [at] mcgill [dot] ca)
For more information:
kevin [dot] stanley [at] mcgill [dot] ca