- Students must be at least 18 years of age
- Students must take the Placement Test of Written English (PTWE) and place into a level no lower than mid-intermediate and no higher than advanced.
- A student must obtain a grade of B- (65%) or higher in each course to be permitted to register for the next level.
- A maximum of two (2) unsatisfactory grades per course and a total of three (3) unsatisfactory grades in the program are permitted. Students who have more than three unsatisfactory grades on their record will be required to withdraw from the program.
- Upon completion of the last two courses of the program (CEGL 415 and CEGL 416) with a minimum grade of B- (65%), students qualify for the McGill Certificate of Proficiency in Written English – Workplace Communication.
The program must normally be completed within three years. Students exceeding the time limit may request an extension in writing.