Strategic Succession Planning: Developing Tailored Solutions by Identifying Real Risks
In light of demographic changes and changing perceptions about work and organizational loyalty, succession planning is at the forefront of human resource management issues today. While traditional succession planning tends to focus on replacement charts and dealing with the domino effects of internal career management, this workshop proposes a process, technique and tool to identify a myriad of succession planning solutions that are tailored to the organization.
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: 688 Sherbrooke West
Fee: $ 545 CAD plus applicable taxes
Participants learn how to use the HR risk assessment tool to gather and analyze data, and to recommend a variety of succession planning solutions that are in line with the “real needs”, the mission and vision of an organization. Real-life examples and a simulation are used as training methods.
*The HR Risk Assessment Tool was developed by the facilitator; permission to use this tool will be given only to those who have received proper training on how to use it effectively and ethically. Participants will receive a written authorization upon completion of this Workshop.
Who Should Attend
Human resources professionals and managers
At the end of this Workshop the participants will be able to:
- Use the HR risk assessment tool to gather and analyze data
- Implement a process to identify tailored succession planning solutions for an organization
- Develop a succession or HR plan/strategy based on the HR risk assessment process.
- The advantages of the HR risk assessment tool and process to develop a succession planning strategy
- Two real-life applications: one that led to a succession planning strategy (for a group of 250 employees) and one that led to the development of an HR strategy (for an organization of 600 employees)
- Simulation: participants are given data to process using the tool and receive coaching on how to translate this data into a plan/strategy.
Ann Brosseau, M.A., PhD(c)
With an educational background in the fields of psychology, sociology, adult education and human resource management and 20 years experience in training and education, Ms. Brosseau specializes in helping learners develop useful and relevant interpersonal, leadership and human resource management skills required to excel in the workplace - as employees, team members, managers or human resource professionals. Building on the experience of learners, she favours an experiential, hands-on approach to learning.
All cancellation & substitution requests must be made in writing to pd [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca.
Receive a full refund if your cancellation request is received up to 14 days prior to the start date of the workshop.
Receive a refund minus $100 cancellation fee if your cancellation request is received up to 7 days prior to the start date of the workshop.
No Refunds are issued if your cancellation request is received within 7 days of the start date of the workshop, however suitable participation substitution will be permitted.
Please note that if no notice is given prior to the start of the event(s) and you fail to attend, you will be liable for the full course fee.
McGill SCS reserves the right to cancel an event up to 5 days prior to its start.
E-mail: pd [dot] conted [at] mcgill [dot] ca